Sunday, April 27, 2014

~SPRING HAS HATCHED...WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE ABOUT THAT?




Since the weather was sunny and warm today, I went for a short walk.  I came across a heart-shaped, 
pollen-dusted leaf and what appears to be portions of 
a robin's-egg shell.  I hope all is well with the former inhabitant of the egg, and that the redbreast is now soaring the skies.

• ~ • ~ • 

A Wintry Sonnet
~By: Christina Rossetti~

A Robin said: The Spring will never come,
  And I shall never care to build again.
A Rosebush said: These frosts are wearisome,
  My sap will never stir for sun or rain.
The half Moon said: These nights are fogged and slow,
  I neither care to wax nor care to wane.
The Ocean said: I thirst from long ago,
  Because earth's rivers cannot fill the main. —
When Springtime came, red Robin built a nest,
  And trilled a lover's song in sheer delight.
  Grey hoarfrost vanished, and the Rose with might
  Clothed her in leaves and buds of crimson core.
The dim Moon brightened. Ocean sunned his crest,
  Dimpled his blue, yet thirsted evermore.

• ~ • ~ •

No comments:

Post a Comment