Friday, January 25, 2013

~A SIGHT FOR SORE EARS: MY COLD-WEATHER WEAR




Over the past few years, I've taken to wearing earmuffs in the winter.  I tend to get chilled easily, and when I do, it affects my health.  Sooooo, I feel like my muffs help to keep me well.  Amusingly enough, I sometimes get strange looks when I have them on, from both females and males.  Sometimes people even snicker a bit.  When women do so, I feel like sending them to some sort of time-out for the fashion-insensitive.  As for the men, well, I feel like letting them know, in no uncertain terms, that I did not get dressed with the aim of impressing them (thank you very much).

I bought dark brown, light brown, and black earmuffs at Walmart a few years ago for--gasp!--only a dollar a pair!  Then I located some grey ones on eBay.  Lastly, I found a fluffy, pale pink pair by Joe Boxer at Kmart (and I wish I had also gotten the red ones they had).  I've seen some fancier muffs at stores such as J.Crew, but they were pricier than mine and were not adjustable--consequently, they were too big for me.  Come to think of it, I found a cable-knit pair at Forever 21 last year, and the price was reasonable, but they weren't adjustable--bah, humbug!

In any case, I'm going to continue to wear my ear-warmers, as I think they look a-okay.  In addition, they do not mess up my hair or give me static electricity like a hat would, and I can still answer my cell phone with them on (though the sound is a bit muffled, so to speak).  If anyone has a problem with my choice of winter-wear, please send complaints to 7629 I-Don't-Care-Lane.  Your fashion-feedback is much appreciated (and always ignored)!

• ~ • ~ •

No comments:

Post a Comment