Saturday, July 11, 2015

~OF BRODIE, BOOKS, A BIG BIRD'S NEST, AND MORE!




Brodie, my 11-month-old nephew, is read to often by his mom, and I can tell he's developing a love of books as a result.  

I had to snap a few pics of him with a really cute book my mom bought him, which is based on the song of the same name by Louis Armsrong (here's a little video I put on instagram)...














A few weeks ago, I went to baby storytime with Brodie and my sis at one of our local libraries.  The babies had so much fun--Mr. Erik is so good at what he does!

I was excited to snap some pics of the room in which storytime is held, especially since it's the home of a giant cupcake!










This whimsical artwork, which is made of metal, was created by North Carolina artist Bill Hickman.  All I have to say is, welding rocks, particularly when Alice in Wonderland-sized baked goods are involved!!










I also love the painted wall mural that's in the same room...






Here's a little insta vid of these two works of art ☺.

On  my way out of the library, I caught sight of something up in the rafters...






It just so happens it was a giant bird nest filled with beautiful eggs (what else?!).




From what I can deduce, it was made out of paper-machealong with assorted mixed materials--you know, whatever the huge bird that made it was able to find here and there ;)




Next I headed home with a few books I had spotted at the library and decided to check out...




Enjoy perusing these cute stories--I sure did!







• ~ • ~ •








• ~ • ~ •








• ~ • ~ •










• ~ • ~ •

I'm most definitely glad I've gotten to spend a lot of time with my sweet nephew and even take a trip to the library to boot--I highly recommend doing the latter yourself!







• ~ • ~ •

No comments:

Post a Comment